October 13, 2009

I'm Back, And I Brought Torchy!

Good morning, fellow travelers! I apologize for my absence these last few days, but last week's topic of "America" sent me into full-blown navel-gazing mode. I promise to revisit the topic at a later date, when I have more to share.

This blog has been a great thing for me. For one thing, I enjoy sharing my pop-culture passions with you. I feel very connected to some very wonderful people. Beyond that though, I have learned so much about myself. One thing I realize now is that there are definite reasons why I like the stuff I like, and I should never be ashamed or embarrassed by my tastes. Nor should you. These cultural artifacts have taught me a lot about the world I live in, and I am infinitely better off for the experience. It has not at all been wasted time.

I'm very excited about my future plans for this blog, as I now feel that I have a calling to bring people together for the betterment of mankind, at least culturally speaking. And I say this with all humility, because I do not worship at the altar of ego. Perhaps this is a good time to say thank you to the 46 people who have chosen to follow this blog, and to the many others who have visited. It is a distinct privilege to cross paths with you!

This morning, I am sharing with you some Bill Ward goodness. Bill, who left us in 1998, was one of the major purveyors of Good Girl Art, comics that emphasize the allure of attractive women, and his most famous creation is undoubtedly Torchy. Torchy was so hot that one time she went to work at a prison, and guys started breaking in. See for yourself!






From Modern Comics #69 (January 1948)

1 comment:

Jacque Nodell said...

I randomly met Bill Ward's granddaughter at a wedding last year in Wisconsin! Small world!