February 6, 2009

The More Things Change...




This is an article I found in a copy of Crazy Magazine #86 (May 1982). If memory serves, this was one of the first issues of Crazy that I ever bought. I was a Mad snob so it was never mandatory that I buy Crazy, and many people felt the same way, but occasionally there would be something in Crazy that was funny or brilliant. This piece is called "The Coloring Book Of The 80's" and it's not very funny, but it is rather prescient, considering the state of things. Reading this, I'm not sure whether to be comforted in the fact that America has seen tough times before and managed to rebound, or just dismayed that we are faced with problems that have been building steam for over two decades with little being done to address them effectively.





No comments: